These competition rules shall be binding on you when entering any competition(s) operated by us, our sponsors or any company or website owned or controlled by us or our parent company from time to time.
In addition to these general competition rules, other specific terms and conditions may also apply to a particular competition. We will post any such specific competition rules on our website.
* You must be over 16 years of age and resident in the UK to enter our competitions unless otherwise specified.
* No employee of the radio station or their families or employees and families of associated companies may enter a competition run by the Company.
* Unless specified, entries are limited to one per household or primary residence although entries are acceptable from family members at different addresses.
* Proof of making a phone call, sending post/e-mail is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
* The closing date is as specified in the relevant competition. This will always be a time and date in the UK. Where a time is not given, the closing time will be 11.59pm (UK time) on the relevant day.
* In the case of a prize draw, the first correct entry drawn will be the winner.
* The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
* The prize may not be transferred to any other person.
* Prizes will be sent out within 28 days where possible and if delayed the winner will be kept fully informed.
* With the exception of cash prizes, there is no cash value assigned to any prize and therefore no cash equivalent available. In the event of the advertised competition prize being unavailable we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
* Where a competition requires the presence of an entrant, failure to appear will result in the forfeit of any prize opportunity although, in some cases with prior agreement, a substitute attendee can appear.
* Where the prize on offer is a motor vehicle entrants must possess a valid and full driving licence for that class of vehicle. Unless otherwise specified road tax and motor insurance is and remains the responsibility of the winner.
* Unless otherwise specified, where the prize is an overseas holiday it is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that they hold the necessary insurances and visa's to protect their interests abroad.
* Use of false name or address, ie name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize. We reserve the right to oblige any potential winner to provide documentary proof of their identity and address before such person may claim their prize.
* We will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in a competition.
* Competition winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity.
* No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by sponsors.
* We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. Entry in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
* We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can send you any prize that you have won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. We may pass your details on to our service providers and agents for the purposes of sending you the prize on our behalf.
* We may at any time issue specific rules to be read in conjunction with these rules. In the event of a conflict between two sets of rules, the competition-specific rules take priority.
* These rules are governed by English law